In memory of the Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez, who died today at 87, a look back at Jon Lee Anderson’s 1999 Profile of the writer: http://nyr.kr/QrWlKv
"Last thing before casting a line, name the bait on your hook after somebody you cherished."
"To say goodbye?"
"If the person you name it after cherished you, as the superstition goes, you will catch the fish."
"Oh. And what did you name it?"
In the island that I went to there was a small art gallery that consisted of works of ten local artists. This one represents the island the most and the love for the beaches.
Vista sobre el Sena (detail), Eliseo Meifrén Roig, ca. 1890
1. First impression: Awesomely talented wordsmith and total sweetheart.
2. Truth is: Still super talented, still a sweetheart, great taste in poetry.
3. How old do you look: I have absolutely no idea, though I have no doubt, beautiful.
4. Have you ever made me laugh: You have made me smile, which is just as good :)
5. Have you ever made me mad: Of course not!
6. Best feature: Can I say everything? Is that allowed?
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: Totally in love with your words :D
8. You’re my: Well, this one is easy, actually- you are my main muse, and will always have a special place in my heart for (probably largely unknowingly on your part) encouraging me to start posting art regularly back on LJ and getting stuck into the SPN fandom, which definitely helped me keep going with my art when I was feeling frustrated and wanted to throw the towel in.( shh there’s no such thing as too corny.)
9. Name in my phone: Alas, you live only in the tumblr app.
10. Should you post this too? you already have :)
Winslow Homer - The New Novel